Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Introduction

This site finally confirms my little place in the blogging world. Last year, I launched futile attempts of creating a blog but stopped short after signing up, realizing that blogging is not merely a medium but also a tool that tests one's discipline, which is necessary as the blogsite also needs to be updated. In short, I was too tired and lacked the discipline to blog.

Perhaps, the course, convergent journalism, would help me develop the discipline needed to maintain a blogsite.

I am Cedelf Tupas, 23, a journalist for the past four years in the central Philippine city of Bacolod. I was appointed recently as the sports editor of the Visayan Daily Star, the leading community newspaper in Bacolod, home of close to half a million Filipinos.

However, I am not confined to the small sports desk but find myself covering different beats from City Hall, Police when the reporters assigned to those beats are not around. I do features as well for StarLife Sunday, the Daily Star's weekly magazine. Aside from that, I am also a sports correspondent of the Philippine Daily Inquirer and had covered the Southeast Asian Games last year when it was held in our city.

Without a regular beat, my day starts at 3 p.m. at the office and ends around 8 p.m. when there are no important coverages. But when there is, I end around 11 p.m. or until past midnight. When the editor is out, I close page one, which I consider more of a punishment rather than a responsibility. hehehe

I am the eldest of three siblings (my brother is 12, while my sister is 9) and I am happy to say that they consider themselves as my biggest fans, along with my four cousins aged 12, 11, 8 and 6, respectively. (Of course, they adore me because I am the one holding their allowances). hehehe.

I love football and my ultimate dream is to cover the World Cup live.